Employer Intentional Tort
At Perantinides & Nolan, we have the experience and care to get you the compensation you deserve for your injury.
Have you been injured at work due to your employers lack of proper preparation for the job? If so, you may have been a victim of Employer Intentional Tort.
Some of the most common types of Employer Intentional Tort are:
- Failure to train adequately
- Lack of safety equipment
- Hazardous conditions
- Defective machinery or equipment
- Safety and OSHA violations
- Removal of safety guards, equipment, or accessories
Some recent Employer Intentional Tort cases we have recently solved successfully include:
- A 35-year old male working at a major delivery facility. Employees were required to walk on a roller deck system which was unsafe. Most of roller deck systems had been changed except for this particular roller deck. Employee’s great toe was traumatically amputated while working on the roller deck. The claim was successfully resolved.
- A woman working on a highway was crushed by heavy equipment while backing up, operating in reverse. Back up alarm had not been functioning. Employer had failed to properly maintain equipment, and failed to train employees in safety checks. An intentional tort claim was brought against the employer resulting in a confidential settlement.
- A 45-year old woman working was seriously injured at a manufacturing facility and who had not been trained in the use of a piece of equipment which had inflicted injuries on other employees previously. Injured victim had been instructed to operate the equipment despite the lack of training and after working with the machinery for less than one hour, suffered traumatic injury to her hand. A confidential settlement was achieved.
- A 24 year old man was crushed to death by a tow motor while he was operating the tow motor in the scope of his employment. The employer had bypassed a safety device, a seat cut-off switch. A substantial confidential settlement was achieved.
If you feel that you have suffered due to Employer Intentional Tort, give our Akron / Canton / Cleveland, Ohio Lawyers a call today 330-253-5454.