Courtney J. Johnson, Attorney at Law
Courtney Joy Johnson was born and raised in Canal Fulton, Ohio. A graduate of Northwest High School, she first attended The Ohio State University as a student of the Fisher College of Business. Ms. Johnson then became a proud Belle at Saint Mary’s College in Notre Dame, Indiana where she graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor’s degree in business administration and finance.
Following graduation from Saint Mary’s College, Ms. Johnson moved to Chicago, Illinois, where she earned her Juris Doctor degree from DePaul University College of Law in May of 2010. During her studies she was a Family Law Fellow with the Schiller DuCanto & Fleck Family Law Center. Ms. Johnson also worked as a Law Clerk at the Walgreens corporate headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois, with a primary focus on corporate regulatory compliance.
Upon graduation from law school, Ms. Johnson served as an Assistant Public Defender with the Law Office of the Public Defender in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. As a Public Defender, Ms. Johnson first had the privilege of representing children accused of serious misdemeanor and felony offenses, and also acted as attorney of record for children involved in the dependency system. Later, Ms. Johnson joined the Felony Trial Unit at the Public Defender’s Office and represented adults accused of a wide array of serious felony offenses including Grand Theft, Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon, Aggravated Battery, Burglary, Fleeing and Eluding a Police Officer, Possession of Narcotics, Tampering with Evidence, and Unemployment Compensation Fraud.
Ms. Johnson then forayed into private civil practice as a co-managing litigation attorney with the Florida P.I.P. Law Firm in Boca Raton, Florida. At Florida P.I.P., Ms. Johnson was able to assist doctors and other medical providers in pursuing litigation against various health and auto insurance companies.
Ms. Johnson joined Perantinides & Nolan Co., L.P.A. in March of 2014. She focuses her practice on claims of personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and nursing home negligence. Ms. Johnson has a special and personal interest in advocating for families whose children have suffered fetal injury and demise due to medical errors.
Ms. Johnson currently resides in Jackson Township, Ohio and is licensed to practice law in both Florida (Bar No. 86000) and Ohio (Bar No. 91764).
SOCIETIES & AWARDS
- Florida Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Ohio Association for Justice (OAJ)
- Charles F. Scanlon American Inn of Court
- Chair of the Akron Bar Association’s Health Law Committee
- 2016-2018 Super Lawyers Rising Star The selection process for the Rising Stars list is the same as the Super Lawyers selection process, with one exception: to be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. All attorneys first go through the Super Lawyers selection process. Those who are not selected to the Super Lawyers list, but who meet either one of the Rising Stars eligibility requirements, go through the Rising Stars selection process. While up to five percent of the lawyers in the state are named to Super Lawyers, no more than 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list.
- NAOPIA Nationally Ranked Top 10 Under 40 – Personal Injury
- Akron Bar Association Health Law Committee
- Dean’s Scholarship
- Law Merit Scholarship
- Treasurer to the Decalogue Society
- Member of Phi Alpha Delta, Joseph Story Chapter
- National Finance Honor Society