Program Description: Effectively Quantify and Negotiate Damages in a Personal Injury CaseAre you getting everything you can out of each injury case that comes your way? Don't miss any general or special damages that may apply to a personal injury suit. Learn to analyze and quantify the effect of an injury on the plaintiff's current and future life to maximize or contest the recovery. Register today!
• Identify the key elements that shape the value of a personal injury case.
• Distinguish current injury from pre-existing and recurring conditions.
• Find out where to look for the most reliable medical information to support your injury determination.
• Effectively use vocational expert reports and labor statistics to assess loss of earning capacity.
• Understand what special remedies exist for wrongful death cases.
• Define reasonable and necessary medical treatment to limit medical expense recovery to services directly related to the injury.
• Get practical tips for direct negotiations with a claims representative.
• Fulfill your ethics credit and get actionable tactics for preventing legal malpractice.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar offers a comprehensive view of damages in personal injury and will benefit:
• Corporate Counsel
• Claims Representatives
I. Types of Damages in an Injury Suit
II. Documenting the Extent of the Injury
III. Quantifying Damages
IV. Sources of Recovery and Liens
V. Legal Ethics
VI. Negotiating and Litigating the Damages: Plaintiffs' Tactics
VII. Negotiating and Litigating the Damages: Defense Perspective
Continuing Education Credits:
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.00
Insurance – Insurance: 7.00*
* denotes specialty credits