Courtney J. Sutton
Attorney Courtney J. Sutton was born and raised in Canal Fulton, Ohio. A graduate of Northwest High School, she attended The Ohio State University as a student of the Fisher College of Business. Attorney Sutton then graduated Summa Cum Laude with a bachelor's degree in business administration and finance from Saint Mary's College in Notre Dame, Indiana.
Attorney Sutton earned her Juris Doctor degree from DePaul University College of Law in May of 2010, during which time she worked as a family law fellow with the Schiller DuCanto & Fleck Family Law Center and as a law clerk at Walgreens corporate headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois, with a primary focus on corporate regulatory compliance.
After graduation from law school and admission to the Florida Bar, Attorney Sutton worked as an Assistant Public Defender with the Law Office of the Public Defender in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. As an Assistant Public Defender, Attorney Sutton represented children and adults charged with serious felony offenses including grand theft, aggravated assault and battery, burglary, fleeing and eluding a police officer, possession of narcotics, and unemployment compensation fraud.
Attorney Sutton entered into private civil practice as co-managing litigation counsel of Florida P.I.P. Law Firm in Boca Raton, Florida. At Florida P.I.P., Attorney Sutton assisted physicians and medical providers in pursuing legal claims against various health and automobile insurance companies.
Attorney Sutton joined Perantinides & Nolan Co., L.P.A. in March of 2014. She focuses her legal practice on claims of personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and nursing home negligence.
Attorney Sutton resides in Jackson Township, Ohio and is licensed to practice law in both Florida (Bar No. 86000) and Ohio (Bar No. 91764).
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Nursing Home Negligence
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor - 05/2010
- Honors: Treasurer to the Decalogue Society
- Honors: Member of Phi Alpha Delta, Joseph Story Chapter
- Honors: National Finance Honor Society
- The Ohio State University - Fisher College of Business
- Saint Mary’s College, Notre Dame, Indiana
- Bachelors Degree
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Business Administration
- Major: Finance
- Ohio Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Ohio Association for Justice (OAJ)
- Akron Bar Association, Health Law Committee, Former Member and Former Chair
- Charles F. Scanlon American Inn of Court, Former Member
- Summit County Association for Justice (SCAJ), President, 01/2021 to 01/2023
- NPR’s WKSU Community Advisory Council, Former Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016-2020
- NAOPIA Nationally Ranked Top 10 Under 40 – Personal Injury
- Schiller DuCanto & Fleck Family Law Center, Family Law Fellow
- Walgreens Corporate Headquarters in Deerfield, IL, Legal Intern
- Law Office of the Public Defender in Fort Lauderdale, FL, Assistant Public Defender
- Florida P.I.P. Law Firm in Boca Raton, FL, Litigation Attorney